Thursday 7 February 2013

Shopaholic & Sister- Sophie Kinsella

Shopaholic and Sister- Sophie Kinsella


Blurb
'Becky Bloomwood thought being married to Luke Brandon would be one big Tiffany box of happiness. But to be honest, it's not quite as dreamy as she'd hoped. The trouble started on their honeymoon, when she told Luke the tiniest little fib, about the teeniest little purchase. Now she's on a strict budget, she doesnt have a job - and worst of all her beloved Suze has a new best friend. She's feeling rather blue - when she receives some incredible news. She has a long-lost sister!

Becky has never been more excited. Finally, a real sister! They'll have so much in common! They can go shopping together...choose shoes together...have manicures together... 

Until she meets her - and gets the shock of her life. It cant be true. Surely Becky Bloomwood's long-list sister cant...hate shopping?

My Review
First Thoughts:
I thought it seemed interesting when I picked it up. I admit, at first it didnt click it was part of the series with Confessions of a Shopaholic. Once I realised that, it seemed less interesting, as I am not as much a fan of the movie. But I read it, anyway, just so I could see what it was like. 

Final Thoughts:
I cant say I liked this book very much. The main character was irritating, and although you could tell she meant well, it just grated on your nerves in not a good way. The story line was okay. I liked it, the problem was that it didnt seem to flow very well. I loved the ending though. The ending did exactly what a book should do if it has a sequel, makes you want to read the next one!!! (Unfortunately, I fell for it and am currently reading the next one, Shopaholic and Baby) Oops!
If you a shopaholic, which I definitely am not, you will like this book. Really, if you can sympathise with the main character, but unfortunately, this series is not really for me, im afraid.

Let me know what you guys think of it, if you have read it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment