Monday 15 July 2013

Money, Money, Money...more than just an ABBA song?



Hello, my chickens!
Today's musings is about money and everything associated with it.
Let's start off with saying I am bad at saving money. Phew! Glad to get that out there! Every time I see a CD I don't have, a new issue of a magazine, or new DVD's I go a little spending crazy and completely disregard my budget and my saving plans. (As you can see, entertainment is a huge part of my life :P)

But, something has changed this last week. Officeworks, my local stationary store, has brought our a new line of notebooks, and lucky me, one is a budget book!
Now, I have tried budgeting in the past, I have bought books, downloaded things off the internet, drawn tables myself. Nothing has worked so far! I am currently in the 5th day of this new budget book (I am doing the spending diary part of it at the moment) and it is working great!
I can see that in two days I spent over $100 in entertainment and I can see both what I need to cut back and what I can fix in terms of budgeting.
I am the type of girl that needs a page with columns and ideas, but not everyone is like that, so pretty much my advice to you is, do it that helps you the best. I wouldnt want to be stuck in something that I cant keep up with!
Onto the next part!

I am on the verge of opening my Etsy shop, I have a regular part time job and I baby sit one morning a week...Anyone have ideas on where I can earn a little bit of extra money? What have you started? Any financial planning blogs that you can add to my list? I will post a link with all of my favorite blog links in the next couple of days as well.

I am so excited to be getting all the stuff I have been working on out to you all!! I also think I have finally solved my major design problem, so getting on to that in the next few days! Yay!

I hope you all have an amazing day or night wherever you are!




No comments:

Post a Comment